Translate

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Writing About ANGER ... ... ... ... ... or... ... ... ... ... ... Something Else Completely


 
Anger so easily wells up in me.  I have so far to go to be in that balanced place of PEACE and LOVE.  Feeling anger  as it starts to build in my belly, I simultaneously see ego there trying to maintain control and power, trying to prevent humiliation (thru loss of power and control).  Thank you to all the good teachers who have shown thru examples both good (being peace) and bad (caught in ego).

Making many promises of doing good, doing what is right and being a warrior for positive change in The Earth.  My Teacher looking at me with calm compassion, dismissing my promises said “Don’t get angry anymore.”  I have not kept any of my grandiose promises.  I have tried and tried and tried to not get angry anymore and still the worst enemy I fight is anger.  Angry with oh so many of the outside factors pressing in on me, it is the inside issue of anger coming back again and again which at this point leaves me feeling devastated. 

Having spent 63 summers in The Earth, I feel like a complete failure.  The one thing the teacher has asked of me, the one thing The Teacher requests and I fail repeatedly.

There is a part of me seeking to bring long vision and logic in.  I tell self: this feeling of worthlessness and failure will pass.  As you all know, when in the middle of that feeling, that is all there is for us.  There is no apparent ‘light at the end of the tunnel.’ 

“Don’t get angry anymore.” 

“Don’t get angry anymore.” 

“Don’t get angry anymore.” 

“Don’t get angry anymore.” 

When The Teacher requested this of me, I thought.  That is easy.  If that is all you want, consider it done.  Then, for a day it was easy.   Now three years later, it is clearly not so easy.  Wanting to run away and hide from what is predominating.  Not to get away from what makes me angry.  Wanting to get away from me as this whole mellow-drama of the LIFE OF ME is boring and selfish beyond ability to measure.

There is no way out of this dilemma except to walk thru the fire.  Do the work and stop getting angry. 

Time to change the focus from Poor Pitiful Me to the place it has belonged all along Taking Care of The People.  There is no person who has been or will be on The Earth who is not suffering. 

So I am dealing with anger.  So what.  Join the club. 

Time to just do the work that is given to me to do.

Interesting . .  Had thought the topic was going to be anger, but it ends up being selfishness.  Without selfishness there would be no anger.  The selfish nature feeds many painful feelings including anger. 

 

 


*¨`*✶♪  ¸.Ϡ₡ ... *¨`*  ✶♪.¸¸.  Ϡ₡ ...   *¨`*✶♪  ¸.Ϡ₡

"God feels no anger, no matter how many times we err.

He is the Fountainhead of limitless, unconditional love."

--From the book "Moments of Truth" by Paramahansa Yogananda

*¨`*✶♪ ¸.Ϡ₡ ... *¨`*  ✶♪.¸¸.  Ϡ₡ ...   *¨`*✶♪  ¸.Ϡ₡
 
a video to consider listening to
Put a Little Love in Your Heart
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment